Sunday, June 17, 2007

Catching up, however briefly

After burying St. Joseph in the front yard with toes pointing toward heaven, I had buyers for the house within 24 hours. The movers came five days later. I drove to Silver Spring, MD, had a short but great get-away in Chincoteague with a friend, then I made a short jaunt to the Southwest.

A night in Amarillo with a friend (first college roommate) was followed by breakfast with my niece (nursing school bound!) then three days and nights in Clovis, NM. Family is family, with all its treasured moments, trials, and tribulations.

Some drama has unfolded with the house. The buyers' inspector, someone a friend experienced in real estate said is called a "deal breaker," found mucho problemo with the house. . . needs a new roof, shower, hot water heater, gutters, has concrete on the porch, etc. I don't buy it, argued with some of it, am getting second opinions, etc, and am awaiting word on those.

Tomorrow morning it's back to Lubbock, then flights to DFW/IAD, then a drive southward toward Suffolk, VA, with a hotel stay in there somewhere. Monday noon I'll meet the Suffolk friends at Nawab (Indian restaurant) in Newport News and will spend the rest of the day/night with them. Then I go to Silver Spring for two more nights with friends, then on 6/21 I fly to Deutschland.

That's all for now. More soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well, glad to updated. Hope the hullaballoo with the house gets worked out too.
Nico finishes 1st gr. today and then I'm home with both!! I've been doing little watercolor atcs and other stuff.
all in all trying to decompress.
take care - Patte (probably should have emailed, but I'm thinking of ya.)

Mindful said...

Thanks, P. Hope you will have a peaceful, enjoyable summer. DO let me know what I can send from Deutschland for your b-day!