Dream: The exception to policy was signed off on, and I'm going to be provided with an apartment post-haste. They called me about it last week.
Reality: I gave up on the request for exception to policy to get into a real apartment. Instead, I'm stuck in the archaic one-BR, which would be fine except it still just has a half-kitchen and no bathtub. I talked to the transportation office to have my household goods delivered on Monday. However, the delivery was postponed.
Dream: The housing manager, the commander, and everyone else who I e-mailed decided to have pity on me and found a lovely two-BR off post for me to move into. They postponed the delivery of my things until they could work out the details.
Reality: There's some legal issue with the company that held the contract to store household goods for my post. The delivery was delayed due to the legal issue, but I've been assured that they SHOULD be able to deliver my goods later this week. I'm supposed to go back in on Tuesday to see if they can arrange this for me.
The other reality: I've requested to go on deployment and am hoping it will happen sometime before next summer. I don't see how I can sit still in this place for three years.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, cruel realities
Post a Comment