
Check out this blog by Reuters photograph editors and photographers. Good stuff. . . something to aspire to.
me·an·der intr.v. me·an·dered, me·an·der·ing, me·an·ders 1. To follow a winding and turning course: Streams tend to meander through level land. 2. To move aimlessly and idly without fixed direction: vagabonds meandering through life.
4 comments:
leave it to the pros--this will be a very good site to keep going back to
there's a lot to learn there
some of my photos you have recently seen, and commented on, from New Mexico were shot with a wide-angle lens, because JMB was a crime reporter and loves the look--he gave me a 28mm lens for my 35mm camera and I started shooting slide film because the colors are so saturated.
It's hard to get a good close-up because you have to be right on your subject with that lens, literally in the horses' faces, but it really bends the background. And bending that big sky has an unequaled effect.
Unfortunately, it's hard to get the same lens for a digital camera without spending thousands, both on the camera and the lens. And of course, those guys shooting that stuff have the best.
i had the same thought -- good reference site. knowing what makes a good photo, both in composition and content, may help me with mine.
i didn't know JMB used to be a crime reporter!
if your photos are from slides, are you scanning them into digital format or ????
I am glad you found the site. I may add it to my blog Good Reads but for now just bookmark it.
JMB went to Missouri School of Journalism after he did a stint as a stockbroker. He was a crime reporter for the Nashville Banner (filled a vacancy left by Al Gore). Then went to law school.
Yes, those slides have been scanned. It's an expensive process that I have abandoned. If I cold afford a good slide scanner I would never shoot anything else.
you probably told me about JMB years ago -- that sounds vaguely familiar. a man with an interesting past. :-)
i didn't know slide scanners existed.
Post a Comment