I've been back in Germany for a week and have done very little. Here's the latest. . .
Thanksgiving was spent with Priscilla, Charlie and about 15 of their friends -- American, German and Irish. A fun mix of people, good food, good German beer.
Friday I went with P&C and two others to the Golden Lamb for that fresh trout and also spaetzle (my favorite German noodle) and a nice glass of white wine. The restaurant was busy so didn't get to visit much with Elfriede and Ewald, the owners, but will see them again soon, I'm sure. Wonderful all the way around.
I thought my cold had come and gone, but it's lingering in my sinuses. I'm off to the PX to get some meds in a bit, and I'm loading up on Vitamin C. Gotta get well because. . .
I'm meeting Ronda in Rome on Friday. We're staying for 10 days. We'll be in Rome part of the time and somewhere on the Amalfi Coast part of the time. Don't ask me which parts are where OR exactly where OR for how long. I've been an incredibly lazy bum and was stretching things to lift that little finger to get a plane ticket. Procrastination is my middle name.
I've unpacked half of both foot lockers. I've cooked dinner about three times and have had leftovers. I have a growing mound of laundry to do before Friday, and then some packing to do. I've been sleeping a lot, watching movies, reading, writing Christmas cards (am doing it the old-fashioned way this year with NO printed group letter inside -- instead, I'm advising people to read my blog to catch up).
This afternoon I'm heading to Regensburg to find a Christmas market. The city has three, and I'm looking for the Lucrezia Markt, the one that has handcrafted items. I have a couple of last-minute Christmas items to find. Last-minute because I need to get things in the mail before I leave on Friday.
Gotta get going.
You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment