Wednesday, April 25, 2007

10 days and counting

So much is going on.

Clio started acting weird late last week, and I finally realized that she appeared to be in heat. I called the vet, who said that when they terminate a pregnancy and spay them at the same time (which is what he did last summer), sometimes it's difficult to get all of the uterine (ovarian?) tissue out. This causes heat-like behavior. Her crying and screeching and other behaviors have driven me nuts. I took her to the vet on Monday, and he opened her up to finish the spaying (gratis, thankfully). She's recovering now.

My ceramics class is over. Tonight I get to pick up my pieces that came out of the kiln earlier in the week. A couple of them are designs I really like, but I'm afraid that there may have been problems with the glaze and that they won't turn out. I won't go into detail, but there's good reason for these worries (my own missteps). I'll find out in a few hours.

This is the last week of classes, and graduation is May 5. I can't wait. If it's possible, I'm more ready for this than my students.

Tomorrow my campaigns students will give their presentation to the client, the local food bank, for whom they raised $10,000 at Empty Bowls. Most of the students have lost what little motivation they had, so the presentation is likely to be marginal at best. According to the campaign coordinator, the others don't think a poor presentation will affect their grades. Wrong, bucko!

I have so, so many papers to grade, two exams to write and give and grade, an awards ceremony to attend, grades to calculate and post, and graduation to attend. Then it'll finally be over.

THEN comes trying to sell the house, taking more unwanted/unused stuff to Goodwill and the consignment store, finding a home for the cats. My new job starts in Germany on June 25, so I have much to do between now and then.

No comments: