Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, friend Doug sent to me one of those e-mails where there are a bunch of questions that the sender has answered. As a recipient, I'm supposed to add my own answers and send this on to others.
One of the questions was "What's the furthest you've been from home?" I first had to determine where is "home." I don't have feel like I have one, really, having lived in a number of places I like. And then comes the question of how to measure the miles.
I went to a Web site I love called WorldAtlas.com and found a link to a site that gives mileage between two points. I used Cincinnati, OH, since I doubted it would recognize Podunk, WV. The furthest I've been was about 8,000 miles -- to Hong Kong. Doug had been 9,000 (California to Sri Lanka).
So guys, remember this: Where I'll be in Germany (near Nuernberg) is just 4700 miles, give or take a few hundred depending on where in the US you may be. I'll expect to see you there at some point. jk considered swimming for her next European trip, but I think she finally decided there are better ways to get there.
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
M,
Congratulations on the Hohenfels assignment! Any chance you will be heading this way before you depart?
Post a Comment